Sender ID is a 6 character ID that enables the SMS receiver understand the business/ company he's receiving SMS from. The sender ID represents your business entity name. No other name in reference to your business can be used as a Sender ID.
Sender ID Right Usage
Let's say your company's name is registered as Kaleyra, then the following Sender IDs can be accepted.
Sender ID is a 6 character word and the characters are represented in Upper Case only.
Sender ID Wrong Usage
Let's say your company's name is registered as Kaleyra, then the following Sender IDs cannot be accepted.
Any name that does not represent your company's name will not be accepted.
The Sender ID in the following formats are considered invalid due to lowercase.
The Sender ID "AK-KALERA" stands for the terms explained below:
A- Stands for the mobile operator.
K- Stands for the circle the SMS is being terminated from.
KALERA- Stands for the Sender ID which represents the company name.
To create a Sender ID, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Alerts/ Global Account.
- From the main menu, click on "Manage Items"
- Click on "Manage Sender IDs"
- From the Sender ID page, click on "+New"
- A pop up window appears. From the window, enter the Sender ID title (Company Name) in 6 characters.
- Add a suitable description for the Sender ID created.
- Add the category your business belongs to from the drop down. If your category is not listed, simply choose the option 'other'.
- You can associate a Document that has been approved to a particular Sender ID. Let's say you wish to attach your KYC document, that's already approved, you can choose them from the list of documents as shown in the image below and click on "Save".
If you have uploaded a document and the status of the document is pending, then the document will not reflect in the pop up window. Only "Approved" documents can be associated to a Sender ID.
Once you create a Sender ID, typically it is approved on priority basis in less than 30 minutes. The status of the Sender ID can be seen in the image below (Pointed by an arrow). There can be 2 statuses:
You'll also get a notification email on your registered Email ID upon the approval of the Sender ID.
|Creating a SMS Template|