The following steps guide you to get started with our API
Create Kaleyra Account
An active Kaleyra account with credentials is a must to access and use our API. You can always Sign Up from the link below:
If you already have a Kaleyra account, you'll also need active internet connection (The internet connection can be direct or through firewall/ proxy server) to access the API.
If you already have an account with us, you can Login through the link below:
To use the API, you will need the following:
- An active account with sufficient credits
- An active Sender ID for SMS and Phone number for Voice accounts
- An active API key associated with your account
Anyone can request for API key through SMS or Voice application anytime.To generate an API Key, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Side Menu and click on Developers menu.
- Select API keys and you will be navigated to API Keys page where you may request for API keys.
- Click on "+" New button and enter your IP Address. Save it.
- You will receive your API key on your registered email address.
- If you want to use API key with no IP address restriction, then do not put any IP address and generate API key henceforth. You will receive such API key on your registered email ID.
- You will receive different API keys for different applications
- You can use the API key for a lifetime. In case, you missed the key, you can request one anytime
Once the API Key is generated, we'd suggest you to check the API. To do so, you can follow the instructions below:
- Install Postman App on your laptop in case you want to practice all the APIs.
- Import the attached Postman API collection in your Postman Application using Import button on the top menu bar
- Go to Settings icon on the top right corner and click on Manage Environments
- On Manage Environments window, click on Global button
- There, you need to set the global variables. Enter your api_key, sender_id and base_url.
- Henceforth, system will pick these global variables and you wont need to enter such details repeatedly.
- We would recommend to use POST method for every API.